This is a major upgrade from the previous release which fixes a ton of bugs, improves compatibility with the latest gnome-screensaver and gnome-screensaver-preferences and it also provides an x64 version.
Here’s a detailed list of what’s new in this release
- Fixed bug that caused a crash when the XML file for a screensaver contained two or more elements with the same ID (Such as with the Helix screensaver by Jamie Zawinski)
- Fixed bug that prevented selecting the first screensaver from the list while in random mode when used for the first time
- Updated all the code that handles how the selected screensaver (or screensavers in random mode) is retrieved and stored in GConf.
This required a major update of many of the functions resulting in a much cleaner and stable implementation. Unfortunately, this renders this version incompatible with older versions of gnome-screensaver-preferences and its daemon
- Updated the GUI so that all sliders now show the actual value they represent
- Added support to ease the selection of screensavers while in random mode by providing a set of three buttons to select them all, none or invert the selection
- Added an autorun.sh script that automatically generates a launcher and copies it in the Desktop
- Reformatted the README file to fit in 80 columns
xFX Screensaver Settings for Gnome (x86 DEB Package) 0.4.2 [305 bytes]
xFX Screensaver Settings for Gnome (x64 DEB Package) 0.4.2 [306 bytes]
xFX Screensaver Settings Source Code (Mono/C#/Gtk#) 0.4.2 [290 bytes]
xFX Screensaver Settings for Gnome (Binary Package) 0.4.2 [290 bytes]